Solutions for College Administrators
I am sure that cost and accountability are high priorities for you.
Career assessment-guidance services are expensive – they often cost thousands of dollars.
Career Key offers a low-cost, high quality solution. As an example, our career assessment costs only a dollar.
Our respected career personality test, Canadian career information, career information, career planning tools, and career advice are based on the best practices and science of career development. Career development professionals have used our website with confidence since 1997.
Update your retention strategies using Career Key Canada.
- The Career Key test to promote students’ exploration and good decision-making. Students taking the Career Key test assess their six Holland personality types, identify Canadian career opportunities that match, get full and accurate Canadian information about each one, and download an interpretive booklet. Research shows that a good personality-career match is a predictor of career satisfaction and success (if you use a valid career test).
Cost? A dollar with our group discount plan.
There is also the paper-pencil version of the Career Key at the eBookStore.
Transparency is important: the Career Key manual is online so you can review its construction, validity, reliability, and other features. There is also a comprehensive e-book version of the manual.
Simplicity, practicality, and validity are Career Key’s strengths. It takes about 15 minutes; results are immediate; and there are no complicated tables or abstract concepts to explain. It also provides a gateway to services unique to Career Key -- see the following:
- Choosing a College Major or Training Program that fits students’ personality. A close personality-major match is vital. Research shows it is one of the predictors of academic success and satisfaction -- GPA and graduation. This online article is based on unique research. It will help them make a good choice.
Match Up! Your Personality to College Majors e-book, is the only resource that links the Holland personality types to all 1300+ college majors and training programs (more on our ground breaking research).
“Match Up! encourages a learner-centred interaction between understanding one's key personality types and occupational and training information… [It] will be of great use to students and counsellors who need to provide a list of options related to personality in a quick manner... It is a great resource that provides solid information necessary for making effective career decisions.” Read more.
Debra Osborn, Ph.D.
National Career Development Association
Self-Employment helps the student who is considering this option.
- Identifying and strengthening students’ job skills. As your adult students know, job skills are what count in the workplace. Period. The Foundation Skills: Job Skills All Workers Need article describes those that are essential.
In The Free Agent Outlook on Work students learn why marketable skills are the key to success. And, Identify Your Skills and Make Them Work for You gives students invaluable advice and practical steps they can take.
- Making good decisions. Our article High Quality Decisions teaches students how to make good decisions. The ACIP method is practical and based on numerous research studies. Good decision-making is emphasized throughout our site. It is an essential life and work skill.
Our popular e-book, The 2010 What Job is Best for Me?, walks the student through these steps. It embodies the essential concepts of our website.
- Assessing “career decision status”. Colleges use the Career Decision Profile to evaluate career development programs, assess career decision needs, and to provide a self-help guide, directing students to sources of help based on their needs, and in career counselling. Students find the article Undecided a helpful guide in understanding their indecision and the steps they might take.
“As a counselling tool the CDP allows us to discuss very specifically where the student is in the process of career development and where they want to go next. Students appreciate the simplicity of the CDP and using it to formulate next steps…” Read more.
Assistant Director, Career Development
University of Toronto Mississauga
- Learning about Holland’s Theory of Career Choice. This article is one of our most popular. Career development professionals and their clients praise its clarity and practical applications. And, literally hundreds of studies show that the theory has a solid scientific foundation. Our e-book, What Colour are Your Feathers?, describes his theory and expands on how to apply it to career choice.
- Visiting our eBookStore. We offer many high quality publications. All are
offered in a "green", sustainable PDF file that you download to your
computer. Your purchase is an important way to support our efforts.
- Linking to our website. There is no site license or cost to visiting or linking to our home page or high quality career advice articles without framing. We show no advertising and do not accept reciprocal or paid text linking. Your voluntary links help us keep our website ad-free. Nearly 2,000 non-profits, libraries, and educational institutions link to us and we welcome yours.
Lawrence K. Jones, Ph.D., NCC
President, Career Key.