Teachers: Career Solutions for Your Students
I know you want to prepare your students for the future – to help them in their career planning, in making good career choices. So do we.
For more than ten years we have offered educators top-quality career development tools – career test, career guidance articles and activities, career information – all unique to Career Key. Science and CTE teachers especially value them. They are based on the best practices and science of career development.
Most are offered at no cost, others for a nominal fee.
- The Career Key personality test to spark students’ exploration and good decision making. Students taking the Career Key test assess their six Holland personality types, identify career opportunities that match, get full and accurate Canadian information about each one, and download an interpretive booklet – encouraging career exploration (a close match is a predictor of career success).
It takes about 15 minutes; results are immediate; and there are no complicated tables or abstract concepts to explain. Cost? A dollar with our group discount plan.
- Strengthening students’ job skills. Job skills are what count in the workplace. Period. Middle school is the time to learn about and strengthen them. The Foundation Skills: Job Skills All Workers Need article describes those that are essential. And, in The Free Agent Outlook on Work students learn why marketable skills are the key to success.
- Choosing a College Major or Training Program that fits students’ personality. In this article students learn how to make this match using a 4-step decision-making process. Personality-major match is one of the predictors of academic success and satisfaction -- GPA and graduation. The companion e-book, Match Up! Your Personality to College Majors, links the Holland personality types to all 1300+ college majors and training programs. It is the first to do this (more on our ground breaking research).
“I would wholeheartedly recommend this book for busy school counsellors… Match Up! encourages a learner-centred interaction between understanding one's key personality types and occupational and training information… [It] will be of great use to students and counsellors who need to provide a list of options related to personality in a quick manner... It is a great resource that provides solid information necessary for making effective career decisions.” Read more.
Debra Osborn, Ph.D.
National Career Development Association
- Making good decisions. Our article High Quality Decisions teaches students this essential life and work skill. The ACIP method is practical and based on numerous studies.
- The “Green Economy” and “Green Jobs” clarifies the meaning of these terms. Students identify “green occupations” that match their interests.
- Involving parents in the career development of their child. Our e-book gives them valuable information and practical tips. Read what we tell parents at our website.
- Visiting our eBookStore. We offer many high quality publications. All are offered in a “green”, sustainable PDF file that you download to your computer. Your purchase is an important way to support our efforts.
Here are a few of our titles:
Choosing Classes in High School
Match Up! Your Personality to College Majors
What Job is Best for You?
What Colour are Your Feathers? Holland’s Theory and Your Career
Advice & Actions for Making Smart Career Decisions
How Parents Can Help Their Children’s Career Development
Lawrence K. Jones, Ph.D., NCC
President, Career Key.